ECR Travel Awards
The Early Career Research (ECR) Committee of the Perinatal Society of Australia and New Zealand offer competitive travel awards to assist ERC’s with the cost associated with attending the Annual PSANZ congress.
Must meet one of A-D:
a) Enrolled (full- or part-time) in a research degree (Bachelors, Honours, Masters or PhD)
b) Within 5 years of the award of a Bachelor/Honours Degree
c) Within 2 years of the award of a postgraduate degree (Masters or PhD)
d) A clinician (any discipline) not meeting A, B or C, whose first involvement in research was 2017 or later
Please note: If you do not meet at least one of these criteria, you must provide a short statement explaining why you believe your quality as an ECR.
Each PSANZ ECR Travel Award is $600 to assist ECR's with travel costs associated with attending the Congress.
To be eligible for this award, the applicant must:
- Be a current financial member of PSANZ. Applicants without current membership will not be considered.
- Be the first author AND presenter of the submitted abstract
- Not be the first author on an abstract or publication dated prior to 2023
- Have nominated only one abstract for consideration for an ECR travel award
- Be present (if possible) at the closing ceremony for the presentation of the awards
- Have been performing research for less than 5 years
- Not previously received an ECR Travel Award
- Not hold a university academic appointment higher than level b, or a university adjunct appointment higher than adjunct senior research fellow or adjunct senior lecturer
- Not receive Senior Medical Staff level Continuing Medical Education (CME) funding as part of your salary award.
Applicants must upload completed Supervisor Approval Form with completed Online Application Form by 31st January 2024 to be eligible for the ECR Travel Awards . Late applications will not be accepted.